Using the GetSafe Flood Sensor
This flood sensor monitors high-risk areas such as basements, near air conditioners, water heaters, washing machines, sinks, etc.
It’s two connected parts: the flood sensor and the transmitter. You’ll receive an alert at the first sign of abnormal water levels.
Where to Place It
- Position the sensor horizontal and flat at the base of the risk area.
- Mount the transmitter higher up vertically on a wall, furniture, etc. (within 500 yards of the Hub).
- Make sure the sensor at the end of the cable is flushed with the ground/floor.
- Attach with screws or peel ‘n’ stick.
Activating Your Flood Sensor
- Make sure the GetSafe Hub is running.
- Twist a coin or a screwdriver in the slot of the transmitter to remove the cover
- Open the GetSafe App and select the Flood Detector under “Add new device”
- Insert the single AA battery
- The LED on the transmitter is now green – it turns to red when the sensor detects moisture.
- Check your GetSafe Phone App and make sure the Water Sensor now shows in DEVICES.